WHO WE ARE
Pelican Lodge is a Christian based establishment, about 25km from Cape Town, offering a warm friendly family hospitality. Our goal is to serve God’s people for the extension of His Kingdom, by:
- providing a venue for training , healing, spiritual nourishment and enjoyment
- facilitating workshops in life skills, leadership development, family enrichment, creation care, and church administration
- providing a sanctuary for pastors and leaders to have time with God
- encouraging people to develop a meaningful relationship with God
- providing a platform where close fellowship and relationships among people are developed
The lodge is situated on the water’s edge of the Zeekoevlei Nature Reserve (which protects 258 hectares of a large freshwater vlei as well as Strandveld and sand Fynbos vegetation) and offers panoramic, undisturbed mountain and lake views.
Interestingly, Zeekoevlei, which means hippopotamus lake, was named after the large number of hippos that once lived here.
WHAT WE OFFER
The lodge offers a tranquil peaceful environment which is ideal for conferencing, workshops, team building, planning sessions, group and individual retreats, family holidays and reunions, birthdays, weddings and end year functions. This makes it suitable for school groups, churches, families, international missionary and volunteer groups as well as NGOs.